How to Integrate a Blog into Your Existing or New Website?
Blogging is an outcome of the late 1990’s. In its initial stage, blogging was regarded as a platform to express a person’s thoughts, experiences, and feelings. It was more like an online journal or diary, then. In these days, blogging has been used for different purposes. Now, millions of people and businesses are putting up blogs.
Blog Is of so Much Importance in the Field of Business – Why?
It is impossible to state how important a blog is these days for businesses in one or two sentences. We’ve already talked about the importance of content marketing strategy earlier. We all know that blogging is the heart of an ideal content marketing strategy. Here, I am going to point out only the important benefits of a blog.
Blog improves the search engine optimization or SEO of your website in a number of ways such as:
- Blogging increases traffic to your website with the help of inbound links. It is better to update each of the pages of your website frequently. Is it really possible for all of us? Obviously not! Can you even remember when was the last time you updated your about us page? Blogging is a real solution for such a problem. Every time you publish a blog, your blog page gets updated (don’t forget that blog page is an indexed page on your website). It means that with every newly published blog, you are getting a chance to be shown up in the search engines, which is significantly driving traffic to your website in organic search.
- Blogging establishes your business as an expert in a particular field. For instance, if you have a website design and development company in Orange County, then a blog will help you showcase your knowledge and skill of website designing trends and techniques. You can share informative and interesting blogs to make your visitors interested about your company.
- Backlinks have always been important to Google. If your site has zero backlinks, Google will consider it as useless. When a domain has thousands of backlinks, Google will consider the website and its contents as useful. Each blog post helps you give your readers a link to share. You can gain backlinks by sharing each of the blog posts on social media. Some of these links are going to be shared by others as well.
We’ve talked a lot about the importance of blogging. Now, let’s move to the most important part – how to integrate a blog to your existing or new website. Before delving into the detail, let me tell you 3 possible situations when you feel the need of such an integration:
1. You already have an existing website without a blog page.
2. You are looking for a new website with a blog section.
3. You want to transfer your existing website to WordPress platform.
How to Integrate a Blog into Your Existing Business Website?
If you have an existing website ( like www.example.com) to which you want to add a blog, it would be better to get a blog in sub directory ( like www.example.com/blog). In this way, your existing website will remain as it is without any hassle. If your web hosting company allows WordPress platform, you can install WordPress blog manually. You are free to pick Bluehost or on any webhost as well.
Installing WordPress Blog on Web Hostings.
- You need to sign up for Bluehost, Host Gator, Godaddy etc. One of them which is Bluehost, offers cPanel hosting with Fantastico.
- Now log in to your bluehost account and tap the “hosting” button to get inside the cPanel.
- Go to the “website” option and select the “Install WordPress.”
- Under “Install WordPress,” you will get “Install” option, click on it.
- Next, you need to select a domain on which you want to install WordPress. After selecting a domain, check whether the domain is available or not. If it is available, click on “Next”.
- Now click on “Show advanced options” to select your WordPress name and password for your login.
- Next click on “Install Now” and the installation will be done in 1 minute. Keep the page open until you get the message “Installation Complete”.
Installing WordPress Blog Manually on Any Webhost
Before starting the installation process, you need to arrange a couple of things such as:
1. WordPress Software
2. FTP Access to the Hosting Account
3. cPanel Access
Now, let’s get it done step-by-step
- Create Database and Database Users
- Edit WordPress Wp-Config file
- Execute WordPress Manual Installer Script
How to Integrate Blog into a New Site?
Are you going to start your business? Then it is better to get a blog page at the time of developing a new website for your business. Once your WordPress website is done, you can use its page as a homepage for your WordPress blog. WordPress shows the recent posts on its homepage by default. WordPress enables you to create any page and use it as a homepage. Follow the steps given below to set up a static homepage:
- Go to Your WordPress Dashboard
- Open “Pages” option and click on “ Add New”
- Create a new page and give it a name of your choice
- Go to the settings and click on “Reading” where you will find an option to configure your “Front page display”
- From the drop down, you need to select which page you wish to get as your blog homepage
Now, you are all set to publish informative and fresh blog contents on your WordPress blog page.
How to Transfer Your Existing Website into WordPress
If you want to transfer your existing website pages into WordPress, you can make it possible by using htaccess codes. Through these codes, you can redirect your old links to the new ones. If you have lots of contents on your existing website, it can be a little difficult for SEO because 301 redirection can’t assure complete link will be redirected to the new links. On the other hand, if you have fewer links, it will be easy for you to mitigate and integrate the WordPress blog and website on the main domain.
A Final Takeaway
So, what do you think? Is it really challenging to integrate a blog to your existing or new website? Not really, right? One thing I would like to recommend you before winding up this discussion. Having the blog on your own domain is always an advantage for you. It will provide you certain SEO advantages that you can’t get when your blog is on another domain. No matter what your business is, be it a website design and development company in Orange County, or a tax agency in Texas, you are now ready to boost your website ranking by publishing tons of fresh and relevant contents on your blog page.
If you are looking for any guidance on how to improve your website or bring more sales, please feel free to comment below. We will get back to you with the best possible solution!