Blogging is All About Reader Engagement – Tips on How to Improve it
For many writing was once a passion that they would indulge in on a scrap of paper and finally took to blogging. Blogging has gained a lot of popularity since a long time and the only reason for that would be because of people’s love towards writing. With writing comes the expectation that people will take notice of your blogs, read them, appreciate them by writing their invaluable feedback, comments and share them with others. But how often does that happen when people post in their comments or share it with other fellow bloggers? What disappoints many of the bloggers is the lack of traffic that they receive or the lack of interest of the readers to post in some comments or the other. However it is important to always remember that acknowledgement of something nice is always appreciated and it acts as a big encouragement for people to continue doing what they wish to do. So always remember to acknowledge somebody’s effort and this could go beyond just blogging.
image courtesy: philmckinney.com
Blogging Through The Way
Just writing articles and thinking that people will land up in your website and read them is not a very safe thing to do because readers often face boredom in reading just plain articles. If you have your interests pinned on ensuring that readers keep coming back to your site, they engage in conversation with you and find your articles so good that they end up sharing it with fellow readers around then you have to put in an extra effort that will make sure that all the things that you have planned actually takes place. So let us understand a few basic points that you must follow to allow a hassle-free reader engagement.
- Video content – What a well-written article sometimes fails to do, a video is able to do that miraculously well. That’s not all, it adds brand value to your website and people look up to you with the hope and expectation that you offer something different than the rest. It is with the help of this expectation that they will keep coming back to you. Recent research has shown that a video is shared 12 times more than a text is shared. So uploading a video also solves your problem of social sharing because you know that will follow soon.
- Throw in questions and answer queries – The best way to engage your readers would be with the help of ending your article with a question seeking for the view of your readers. Asking for their view makes them feel important too and whenever they express their views you can also put in your thoughts and gradually strike a conversation. It might also happen that many would disagree with your views and would ask certain questions, it is very important for you to always answer their queries so that they don’t feel left out and you are able to create the impression that you are careful and always available for your readers.
- A blog series is a must – It has often happened that a particular blog topic is a big umbrella that can include a lot of sub-topics inside it. In such a case creating a blog series is a must where blogs written on particular topics can be categorised in that section. A blog series also gives an impression that you have taken special care in designing your blog and arranging each of your articles into categories that are well-suited for them. This is also a great way of increasing the contents in your blog that would also make your users spoilt for choice when it comes to reading them because there is too much to offer in the platter.
- Charts and infographics – Charts and infographics are a great way to grab the attention of the readers to stick to your blogging site. Infographics and charts are colorful and very precise in providing the right information in a limited frame. This trick of sending the precise information with the help of images to spice up your web page has been a big hit among readers and viewers. It is essential that these new techniques are implemented to add value to your blogging site that would make sure that readers keep visiting you.
- Guest posts – Guest posts are an important way of encouraging readers to visit your site so that they keep coming back to you with the hope that some new guest blogger must have written something new. It has happened many a time that the writing style of the blogger becomes monotonous and it is then that posts from guest bloggers bring in a new change into the writing style. This is also a great way to tell readers that they can contribute too and also a good scope to increase the reader engagement.
Keeping up with the reader engagement is a great thing to have a constant flow of traffic in your website. What a blogger needs to do regularly is try and come up with a new way of writing articles or conveying the message so these tips will be of great help. Make sure to implement them and see great results.